Cloudy, humid Thursday in Delhi, rains expected Friday
New Delhi: The city experienced a cloudy, humid Thursday while the maximum temperature settled a notch above average at 36.2 degrees Celsius. Light rains are expected Friday.
"Parts of the city may get light rains tomorrow (Friday)," said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD) adding that the maximum and minimum temperatures will hover around 35 and 27 degrees respectively.
Thursday morning was pleasant and the minimum temperature settled at 26.8 degree, average for this time of the season. The maximum humidity was recorded at 89 percent.
The capital had received light showers Wednesday, a day after it received 70.1 mm of rainfall which was the highest this season so far, according to the IMD.
Wednesday`s minimum temperature settled four notches below average at 22.8 degrees Celsius, while the maximum touched 35.1 degrees Celsius, average for this time of the year.
Monsoon arrived Delhi a fortnight ahead of schedule June 16 but the metropolis had been witnessing almost a dry spell since June 17, which was attributed to a "weak monsoon" caused by low atmospheric pressure, according to IMD.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?