Cloudy morning in Delhi, heavy showers likely
New Delhi: It was a pleasant, cloudy morning for the capital Friday with the minimum temperature settling at 27.4 degrees Celsius, a notch above average for the season. The weather office has forecast heavy showers later in the day.
"The sky would remain generally cloudy. Frequent and heavy spells of showers are expected later in the day," said an official from India Meteorological Department.
"The maximum temperature will stay around 33 degrees Celsius," the official said.
While rainfall recorded in the last 24 hours was 4.1 mm, the incessant showers increased the humidity to a whopping 92 percent.
The days ahead are likely to be muggy, added the official.
Parts of Delhi were lashed by heavy rainfall Thursday afternoon, bringing the maximum temperature three notches below average to 32.8 degrees Celsius. The minimum temperature was, however, a notch above average at 28.2 degrees Celsius.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani