Cloudy morning in Delhi, heavy showers likely
New Delhi: It was a pleasant, cloudy morning for the capital Friday with the minimum temperature settling at 27.4 degrees Celsius, a notch above average for the season. The weather office has forecast heavy showers later in the day.
"The sky would remain generally cloudy. Frequent and heavy spells of showers are expected later in the day," said an official from India Meteorological Department.
"The maximum temperature will stay around 33 degrees Celsius," the official said.
While rainfall recorded in the last 24 hours was 4.1 mm, the incessant showers increased the humidity to a whopping 92 percent.
The days ahead are likely to be muggy, added the official.
Parts of Delhi were lashed by heavy rainfall Thursday afternoon, bringing the maximum temperature three notches below average to 32.8 degrees Celsius. The minimum temperature was, however, a notch above average at 28.2 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'