Cloudy morning in Delhi, heavy showers likely
New Delhi: It was a pleasant, cloudy morning for the capital Friday with the minimum temperature settling at 27.4 degrees Celsius, a notch above average for the season. The weather office has forecast heavy showers later in the day.
"The sky would remain generally cloudy. Frequent and heavy spells of showers are expected later in the day," said an official from India Meteorological Department.
"The maximum temperature will stay around 33 degrees Celsius," the official said.
While rainfall recorded in the last 24 hours was 4.1 mm, the incessant showers increased the humidity to a whopping 92 percent.
The days ahead are likely to be muggy, added the official.
Parts of Delhi were lashed by heavy rainfall Thursday afternoon, bringing the maximum temperature three notches below average to 32.8 degrees Celsius. The minimum temperature was, however, a notch above average at 28.2 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official