Cloudy morning in Delhi, heavy showers likely
New Delhi: It was a pleasant, cloudy morning for the capital Friday with the minimum temperature settling at 27.4 degrees Celsius, a notch above average for the season. The weather office has forecast heavy showers later in the day.
"The sky would remain generally cloudy. Frequent and heavy spells of showers are expected later in the day," said an official from India Meteorological Department.
"The maximum temperature will stay around 33 degrees Celsius," the official said.
While rainfall recorded in the last 24 hours was 4.1 mm, the incessant showers increased the humidity to a whopping 92 percent.
The days ahead are likely to be muggy, added the official.
Parts of Delhi were lashed by heavy rainfall Thursday afternoon, bringing the maximum temperature three notches below average to 32.8 degrees Celsius. The minimum temperature was, however, a notch above average at 28.2 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Five killed as house collapses in Andhra Pradesh
- Here’s why Lord Shiva is also known as Neelkantha
- Ravichandran Ashwin replaces Yashir Shah at the top of ICC bowler rankings
- Hubble peers into the core of a starburst galaxy – See pic!
- JuD medical team wants to visit Kashmir to treat injured, applies for Indian visa