Cloudy morning in Delhi, heavy showers likely
New Delhi: It was a pleasant, cloudy morning for the capital Friday with the minimum temperature settling at 27.4 degrees Celsius, a notch above average for the season. The weather office has forecast heavy showers later in the day.
"The sky would remain generally cloudy. Frequent and heavy spells of showers are expected later in the day," said an official from India Meteorological Department.
"The maximum temperature will stay around 33 degrees Celsius," the official said.
While rainfall recorded in the last 24 hours was 4.1 mm, the incessant showers increased the humidity to a whopping 92 percent.
The days ahead are likely to be muggy, added the official.
Parts of Delhi were lashed by heavy rainfall Thursday afternoon, bringing the maximum temperature three notches below average to 32.8 degrees Celsius. The minimum temperature was, however, a notch above average at 28.2 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP triumphs across state; hung verdict in BMC elections
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test