Cloudy morning in Delhi, rains in store
New Delhi: It was a partly cloudy morning in the capital on Wednesday, a day after the city was drenched by rains bringing respite from the searing heat. The minimum temperature was two notches above average at 26 degrees Celsius.
The Met Office has forecast more rains in the day.
According to the India Meterological Department (IMD), the pleasant weather is here to stay and the city will again be lashed by rains on Wednesday. The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 40 degrees Celsius.
The humidity recorded at 8.30 am was 45 percent.
The capital on Tuesday recorded 12 mm of rainfall, which was accompanied by strong winds, uprooting trees in several parts of the city.
Tuesday`s maximum temperature settled a notch above average at 40.8 degrees Celsius, while the minimum was two notches above average at 29.5 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends