Cloudy morning in Delhi, rains likely
New Delhi: It was a partly cloudy morning in the capital Saturday with the minimum settling at an average at 24.8 degree Celsius. The weather department has forecast rains ahead.
"The sky will remain cloudy, one or two spells of rain are expected during the day," an official from the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
The maximum temperature is likely to hover around 32 degree Celsius, added the official.
A total of 10.8 mm of rain was recorded in the past 24 hours till 8.30 a.m.
Humidity at 8.30 a.m. was 89 percent.
A total of 507.3 mm of rain has been recorded in Delhi since the outbreak of monsoon in June-end. The rain deficit so far is 16 percent with the monsoon expected to last in the city till Sep 20.
Fridays` maximum temperature was a notch below average at 32.6 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature was two notches above average at 27.3 degrees Celsius.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim describes West Bengal's Garden Reach as 'mini-pakistan', draws flak
- Top five health benefits of raspberries!
- Rs 100 crore mark still too far for Shah Rukh Khan's 'Fan'?
- Forest fires rage in Uttarakhand; three NDRF teams deployed
- Raids at Andhra Pradesh transport official's premises reveal assets worth Rs 800 crores