Cloudy Sunday in Delhi, hot Monday expected
New Delhi: The skies remained cloudy for a major part of the day Sunday and the maximum temperature settled three notches below average at 36.1 degrees Celsius. The Met office has forecast that the hot, sunny weather would return from Monday.
"The skies will become clear from tomorrow (Monday) and the temperatures will rise," said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
Monday`s maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to hover around 39 and 25 degrees Celsius.
Delhi has witnessed cloudy skies and temperatures settling below the season`s average over the weekend.
Sunday`s minimum temperature was a notch above average at 26.7 degrees. The day`s maximum humidity was recorded at 55 percent.
The maximum temperature Saturday was 36 degrees Celsius, three notches above average, while the minimum temperature was 24.6 degrees Celsius, a notch below average.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured