Cloudy Wednesday in Delhi, rain likely
New Delhi: Delhiites woke up to a cloudy, sultry morning on Wednesday with the minimum temperature settling a notch above average at 27.9 degrees Celsius. The weather office has forecast rains later in the day.
"The skies will remain cloudy and some parts of the city are expected to get light rain or thundershowers," said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
The maximum temperature is expected to hover at 35 degrees Celsius, the official added.
Humidity at 8.30 am on Wednesday stood at a whopping 87 percent.
According to IMD, the capital recorded a total rainfall of 386.7 mm this year, 74 percent above normal.
Tuesday`s maximum temperature settled a notch above the season`s average at 35.5 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature was a notch below the season`s average at 26 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand