Cloudy Wednesday in Delhi, rain likely
New Delhi: Delhiites woke up to a cloudy, sultry morning on Wednesday with the minimum temperature settling a notch above average at 27.9 degrees Celsius. The weather office has forecast rains later in the day.
"The skies will remain cloudy and some parts of the city are expected to get light rain or thundershowers," said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
The maximum temperature is expected to hover at 35 degrees Celsius, the official added.
Humidity at 8.30 am on Wednesday stood at a whopping 87 percent.
According to IMD, the capital recorded a total rainfall of 386.7 mm this year, 74 percent above normal.
Tuesday`s maximum temperature settled a notch above the season`s average at 35.5 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature was a notch below the season`s average at 26 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!