CM designate Arvind Kejriwal says no to VIP security, bungalow
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) convenor Arvind Kejriwal, who is set to become the Chief Minsiter of Delhi, Tuesday refused Chief Secretary DM Sapolia`s proposal for an official bungalow.
The Chief Secretary today met Arvind Kejriwal at his residence to chalk out the plans for the activist-turned politician`s swearing-in-ceremony.
Kejriwal yesterday refused the high security cover provided by Delhi Police, saying "God is his biggest security.
In his letter to Delhi Police, Kejriwal said "Thank you for offering me security. But as I have already informed earlier, I don`t need any security, I don`t need any escort or PSO. God is my biggest security."
The AAP leader is set to be Delhi`s seventh chief minister after staking claim Monday to take power with Congress backing -- amid vocal doubts about the government`s stability.
Kejriwal said reducing power tariff by 50 percent, providing 700 litres water free to each household, implementing Janlokpal Bill and ending VIP culture will be high on his agenda.
"Our first priority will be power, water, Janlokpal Bill and ending the VIP culture (after assuming the power)," said Kejriwal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?