CMM to inspect Rohini Jail after allege torture
New Delhi: A magistrate here would be visiting Rohini Jail on Wednesday to inquire into incidents of alleged torture of inmates at the behest of the prison staff after a suspected aide of Dawood Ibrahim displayed in the court abrasions caused on him due to blade attack recently.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav decided to visit the Rohini Jail on April 25 for inspection as Khalil Ahmed, facing several criminal cases, created a drama in the courtroom by removing his shirt to show abrasions all over his abdomen and back.
Ahmed alleged he was attacked by fellow inmates and convicts serving life term at jail number 2 with blades and knives.
He also alleged all this was done at the behest of the jail staff and the police.
Khalil, who was arrested by the Delhi Police in 2009 near India Habitat Centre here on a complaint of Delhi-based businessman Qmar Ahmed, is wanted in 34 criminal cases of extortion, murder, dacoity, kidnapping, assault, intimidation and attempt to murder.
He also said he was not produced before the court even when his case was listed for hearing as the jail staff feared that he would show the fresh wounds to the judge and that he has been attacked six times till date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials