CMM to inspect Rohini Jail after allege torture
New Delhi: A magistrate here would be visiting Rohini Jail on Wednesday to inquire into incidents of alleged torture of inmates at the behest of the prison staff after a suspected aide of Dawood Ibrahim displayed in the court abrasions caused on him due to blade attack recently.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav decided to visit the Rohini Jail on April 25 for inspection as Khalil Ahmed, facing several criminal cases, created a drama in the courtroom by removing his shirt to show abrasions all over his abdomen and back.
Ahmed alleged he was attacked by fellow inmates and convicts serving life term at jail number 2 with blades and knives.
He also alleged all this was done at the behest of the jail staff and the police.
Khalil, who was arrested by the Delhi Police in 2009 near India Habitat Centre here on a complaint of Delhi-based businessman Qmar Ahmed, is wanted in 34 criminal cases of extortion, murder, dacoity, kidnapping, assault, intimidation and attempt to murder.
He also said he was not produced before the court even when his case was listed for hearing as the jail staff feared that he would show the fresh wounds to the judge and that he has been attacked six times till date.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan