CMRS completes safety inspection of Airport Metro corridor
New Delhi: The Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety (CMRS) today completed a mandatory safety inspection of the high-speed Airport Metro Express Corridor and expected to announce his decision tomorrow.
CMRS R K Kardam had began the inspection of the 23-km Line yesterday. Kardam is expected to give his reply tomorrow, with sources saying the inspection went off well.
The green signal from CMRS is mandatory for reopening of the corridor. The 23-km corridor, connecting the city`s business centre Connaught Place with Terminal-3 of the IGI Airport, was shut down temporarily in July last year after cracks were found in the civil structure.
The high-speed corridor underwent extensive repairs for the last six months.
Once the line is cleared by Kardam, the operator -- Reliance Infrastructure -- would start services on the line within a couple of days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!