CMRS completes safety inspection of Airport Metro corridor
New Delhi: The Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety (CMRS) today completed a mandatory safety inspection of the high-speed Airport Metro Express Corridor and expected to announce his decision tomorrow.
CMRS R K Kardam had began the inspection of the 23-km Line yesterday. Kardam is expected to give his reply tomorrow, with sources saying the inspection went off well.
The green signal from CMRS is mandatory for reopening of the corridor. The 23-km corridor, connecting the city`s business centre Connaught Place with Terminal-3 of the IGI Airport, was shut down temporarily in July last year after cracks were found in the civil structure.
The high-speed corridor underwent extensive repairs for the last six months.
Once the line is cleared by Kardam, the operator -- Reliance Infrastructure -- would start services on the line within a couple of days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical