CNG price hike to factor in fare structure of autos: CM
New Delhi: With the Union Cabinet hiking
price of CNG, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit today said
the increase will be factored in when her government decides
the new fare structure for auto rickshaws in the city.
"The hike will be factored in," Dikshit said when
asked about demand by several autorickshaw unions to
reasonably hike the fare.
She said the transport department will take "an
appropriate decision" on the issue.
Two weeks back, the unions had threatened to go on a
strike but postponed it after Transport Minister Arvinder
Singh Lovely assured them that their demand for hike in the
fare structure would be examined.
Chief Secretary Rakesh Mehta last week had said a
committee will examine impact of the hike in price of natural
gas on CNG-run bus transport and autos in the city and suggest
fare structure for both.
The Union Cabinet on May 19 had hiked price of gas
sold to power, fertiliser and city gas projects from Rs 3,200
per thousand cubic meters (USD 1.79 per million British
thermal unit) to Rs 6,818 per thousand cubic meters (USD 3.818
Autorickshaw drivers unions have long been demanding a
hike in fares.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC