CNG price hike to factor in fare structure of autos: CM
New Delhi: With the Union Cabinet hiking
price of CNG, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit today said
the increase will be factored in when her government decides
the new fare structure for auto rickshaws in the city.
"The hike will be factored in," Dikshit said when
asked about demand by several autorickshaw unions to
reasonably hike the fare.
She said the transport department will take "an
appropriate decision" on the issue.
Two weeks back, the unions had threatened to go on a
strike but postponed it after Transport Minister Arvinder
Singh Lovely assured them that their demand for hike in the
fare structure would be examined.
Chief Secretary Rakesh Mehta last week had said a
committee will examine impact of the hike in price of natural
gas on CNG-run bus transport and autos in the city and suggest
fare structure for both.
The Union Cabinet on May 19 had hiked price of gas
sold to power, fertiliser and city gas projects from Rs 3,200
per thousand cubic meters (USD 1.79 per million British
thermal unit) to Rs 6,818 per thousand cubic meters (USD 3.818
Autorickshaw drivers unions have long been demanding a
hike in fares.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre