New Delhi: The Delhi government on Tuesday issued a chargesheet against Anti-Corruption Branch (ACB) chief Mukesh Kumar Meena in the ongoing probe of the alleged Rs 100-crore CNG fitness scam.
Earlier, the commission of inquiry, formed by the Delhi government to probe the multi-crore CNG fitness scam, had issued directions for execution of a non-bailable warrant against Meena for not appearing before the Special Investigation Team.
The commission had also issued an order that 30 percent of his salary be attached every month.
Earlier on September 03, one-member probe panel headed by Justice (retired) SN Agarwal had asked Meena to appear before it over his directions to his subordinates not to share information pertaining to the CNG scam.
The Arvind Kejriwal government on August 11 announced the appointment of a commission of inquiry to be headed by a retired Delhi High Court judge to probe the multi-crore CNG fitness scam in which a number of officials of the previous Sheila Dikshit government were under the scanner.
The probe in the CNG fitness scam has pitted the city and the central governments against each other, with the Union Home Ministry declaring the commission of enquiry set up by the Delhi government as legally invalid.
The Centre had also said the probe will be continued by the ACB.
However, the AAP government has said it will not pay heed to the Centre's decree.
Meanwhile, the ACB had decided to file the chargesheet in the case.
The control of the ACB is one of the contentious issues between the Delhi government and Lt Governor Najeeb Jung.
The CNG fitness scam surfaced in 2012 when ACB found that the Delhi government had lost over Rs 100 crore by awarding the contract to operate and maintain certification of CNG vehicles at the transport authority in Burari to ESP India Private Limited, instead of ESP USA.
(With Agency inputs)