Cold morning for Delhiites, mercury dips to 4.7C
New Delhi: Mercury continued its downward
spiral in the capital on Friday with the minimum slipping below
five degree Celsius to record the coldest morning of this
season so far.
The minimum was recorded at 4.7 degree Celsius, four
degrees below normal and down from yesterday`s 5.9 degrees,
the MeT Department said.
Yesterday, the maximum was recorded at 22.2 degree
Celsius, one degree below normal.
The mercury has shown a downward trend in the past couple
of days, with both the maximum and minimum continuously
The Weatherman has predicted similar conditions for the
next couple of days. Mercury is likely to be between five and
22 degree Celsius in the next two days with fog in the
In December last year, the minimum had come down to 5.2
degrees Celsius on the 22nd of the month.
In the past decade, the lowest minimum for the month was
recorded on December 12, 2005 when the mercury recorded 3.3
degrees Celsius while the highest maximum was 28.4 degrees on
December 15, 2003.
The record for the lowest minimum for the month of
December is 1.1 degree Celsius recorded on the 26th of the
month in 1945 and the highest maximum was 29.3 degrees on
third of the month in 1987.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal