Cold morning for Delhiites, mercury dips to 4.7C
New Delhi: Mercury continued its downward
spiral in the capital on Friday with the minimum slipping below
five degree Celsius to record the coldest morning of this
season so far.
The minimum was recorded at 4.7 degree Celsius, four
degrees below normal and down from yesterday`s 5.9 degrees,
the MeT Department said.
Yesterday, the maximum was recorded at 22.2 degree
Celsius, one degree below normal.
The mercury has shown a downward trend in the past couple
of days, with both the maximum and minimum continuously
The Weatherman has predicted similar conditions for the
next couple of days. Mercury is likely to be between five and
22 degree Celsius in the next two days with fog in the
In December last year, the minimum had come down to 5.2
degrees Celsius on the 22nd of the month.
In the past decade, the lowest minimum for the month was
recorded on December 12, 2005 when the mercury recorded 3.3
degrees Celsius while the highest maximum was 28.4 degrees on
December 15, 2003.
The record for the lowest minimum for the month of
December is 1.1 degree Celsius recorded on the 26th of the
month in 1945 and the highest maximum was 29.3 degrees on
third of the month in 1987.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown