Cold wave conditions intensify in Delhi
New Delhi: Foggy and overcast sky prevailed
throughout the day in the national capital, intensifying the
cold wave condition and disrupting rail, air and road traffic.
The heavy cover of fog which has downed the visibility to
less than 50 metres at 5.30 AM disrupted the schedules of
around 30 domestic and international flights. Road traffic was
also affected by the fog as the maximum visibility was
recorded at only 500 metres.
The cold condition intensified as the maximum temperature
dipped to 14.3 degree Celsius from yesterday`s 17.5 degree C.
The minimum temperature was recorded at 7.7 degrees Celsius,
same as yesterday.
Today`s maximum temperature was seven degrees below
normal at this point of time in the year.
The Met department attributed the cold wave spell to the
icy winds blowing from the snow-capped mountains in Himachal
Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir.
The weatherman predicted that there will be thick fog in
the morning and mainly clear sky in the day tomorrow while
temperature will oscillate between seven and 17 degrees
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?