Cold wave conditions intensify in Delhi
New Delhi: Foggy and overcast sky prevailed
throughout the day in the national capital, intensifying the
cold wave condition and disrupting rail, air and road traffic.
The heavy cover of fog which has downed the visibility to
less than 50 metres at 5.30 AM disrupted the schedules of
around 30 domestic and international flights. Road traffic was
also affected by the fog as the maximum visibility was
recorded at only 500 metres.
The cold condition intensified as the maximum temperature
dipped to 14.3 degree Celsius from yesterday`s 17.5 degree C.
The minimum temperature was recorded at 7.7 degrees Celsius,
same as yesterday.
Today`s maximum temperature was seven degrees below
normal at this point of time in the year.
The Met department attributed the cold wave spell to the
icy winds blowing from the snow-capped mountains in Himachal
Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir.
The weatherman predicted that there will be thick fog in
the morning and mainly clear sky in the day tomorrow while
temperature will oscillate between seven and 17 degrees
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’