Cold wave continues to grip Delhi
New Delhi: Delhiites got no respite from the
biting winter chill as the minimum temperature continued to hover around 5 degree Celsius for the second consecutive day Wednesday.
The minimum temperature was recorded at 4.6 degree
Celsius, which is three degrees above normal at this time of
the season but less than yesterday`s 4.5 degree Celsius.
The maximum temperature also remained well below normal, the MeT office said.
The highest minimum for this month was recorded on January seven when the mercury recorded 12.5 degree Celsius, five degrees above normal.
The Weatherman has predicted similar weather conditions for tomorrow.
The city experienced the coldest day temperature last Friday, with the maximum recorded at a low of 16.9 degrees Celsius.
Last month saw the minimum temperature come down to 2.9 degrees Celsius on Christmas morning, the lowest of the season so far.
In the past 11 years, except for 2010, the month of January has recorded the lowest minimum temperature at below five degrees Celsius. The lowest in the past 11 years was on January eight of 2006 when the mercury had dipped to 0.2 deg Celsius.
The record lowest minimum for the month was recorded on January 16, 1935 when mercury touched minus 0.6 degrees Celsius while the record highest maximum was 32.5 degrees on
January 28, 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA