Cold wave continues to grip Delhi
New Delhi: Delhiites got no respite from the
biting winter chill as the minimum temperature continued to hover around 5 degree Celsius for the second consecutive day Wednesday.
The minimum temperature was recorded at 4.6 degree
Celsius, which is three degrees above normal at this time of
the season but less than yesterday`s 4.5 degree Celsius.
The maximum temperature also remained well below normal, the MeT office said.
The highest minimum for this month was recorded on January seven when the mercury recorded 12.5 degree Celsius, five degrees above normal.
The Weatherman has predicted similar weather conditions for tomorrow.
The city experienced the coldest day temperature last Friday, with the maximum recorded at a low of 16.9 degrees Celsius.
Last month saw the minimum temperature come down to 2.9 degrees Celsius on Christmas morning, the lowest of the season so far.
In the past 11 years, except for 2010, the month of January has recorded the lowest minimum temperature at below five degrees Celsius. The lowest in the past 11 years was on January eight of 2006 when the mercury had dipped to 0.2 deg Celsius.
The record lowest minimum for the month was recorded on January 16, 1935 when mercury touched minus 0.6 degrees Celsius while the record highest maximum was 32.5 degrees on
January 28, 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- It was a joke: Irrfan on 'Kabali' poster comment
- Salman Khan's brand new 'Sultan' poster is brutal and adrenaline-pumping! – View pic
- Sensex rallies 216 points on 7th Pay Commission approval, GST hopes
- Euro 2016: Can Iceland emulate Leicester City's fairytale and go all the way?
- NHRC notice to Tamil Nadu over botched eye surgeries