Cold winds continue to sweep Delhi
New Delhi: It was another chilly morning for Delhiites on Friday as cold winds kept the mercury at below normal levels.
The minimum temperature was recorded at 5.5 degree Celsius, two degrees below normal and up from yesterday`s 5.3 degrees. The maximum was recorded at 18.7, two degrees below normal, yesterday.
Though there was marginal increase in night temperatures,
the wind chill factor added to the cold in the city.
A shallow fog was also witnessed in the morning.
The Weatherman has predicted similar weather conditions
for the next couple of days with temperature oscillating
between seven and 21 degrees Celsius.
The city experienced the coldest day temperature last
Friday, when the maximum was recorded at 16.9 degrees Celsius.
Last month saw the minimum temperature come down to 2.9
degrees Celsius on Christmas morning, the lowest of the season
In the past 11 years, except for 2010, the month of
January has recorded the lowest minimum temperature at below
five degrees Celsius. The lowest in the past 11 years was on
January eight of 2006 when the mercury had dipped to 0.2 deg
The record lowest minimum for the month was recorded on
January 16, 1935 when mercury touched minus 0.6 degrees
Celsius while the record highest maximum was 32.5 degrees on
January 28, 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan