Cold winds sweep Delhi, temperatures to drop
New Delhi: It was a relatively clear morning as cold winds swept Delhi on the last day of the year Friday and the weather office warned that the city would get colder in the days to come.
The weather office said the day would be partly cloudy. The light morning fog affected train services, railway officials added.
"Skies will remain partly cloudy with cold winds sweeping the capital. The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 18 degrees Celsius," said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
Delhi recorded a minimum of 11 degrees Celsius, four notches above the normal for this time of the season. The official, however, forecast a drop in the day temperatures in the coming days.
Seventeen trains were affected because of the morning fog and the agitation of the Gujjar community for five percent job quota in Rajasthan.
According to a railway official, 15 trains were delayed and two were rescheduled Friday.
Flight operations at the Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport were normal as the visibility was good, said airport officials.
"There have been no diversions and cancellations of flights till now. However, some flights have been delayed," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why