Commercial establishments owe Rs 730 crore to NDMC
New Delhi: Commercial establishments
operating in the VVIP areas of the national capital owe over
Rs 730 crore as licence fee to New Delhi Municipal Council
A total of Rs 730.72 crore is outstanding against
commercial establishments, hotels and shops operating in areas
coming under the jurisdiction of the NDMC, officials in the
civic body said.
Out of this, Rs 397.84 crore is towards licence fee and
Rs 332.88 crore towards interest.
According to a senior NDMC official, Rs 591.26 crore is
in litigation in different courts and Rs 84.04 crore is at the
state of reconciliation or recovery.
"For the remaining dues, regular actions by issue of
notices, cancellation of units, moving cases under Public
Premises (Eviction of Unauthorised Occupants) Act, 1971 for
recovery or eviction are initiated," the official said.
He said recovery of arrears is an ongoing process.
Eighty-four cases for recovery or eviction has been filed
in the Court of Estate Officer while another 31 cases are in
district courts and 44 in Delhi High Court.
"Five cases are in the Supreme Court," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside