Commercial units in Metro stations must pay property tax: MCD
New Delhi: The MCD Friday said that
commercial establishments within the premises of Metro
stations will have to pay property tax to it.
The civic body`s statement came a day after it
de-sealed a commercial complex housing shops of reputed brands
at the Inderlok Metro Station premises here following a
direction from Lt Governor Tejendra Khanna.
"In compliance of the decision taken in the meeting at
Raj Niwas on Tuesday, MCD de-sealed the commercial areas of
Inderlok Metro Station on Thursday," Leader of the MCD House
Subhash Arya said.
"It was also decided in the meeting that the
commercial establishments within the footprint of the Metro
stations would be liable to pay the property tax. They will
also have to obtain trade licence from the MCD as per MCD
regulations," he said.
Arya said that it was also decided in the meeting that
any construction which is outside the footprint of the Metro
stations, for instance any off site commercial development
away from the Metro Station building will be subject to
development control norms of the civic body and would require
its approval as per building bye-laws.
The civic agency has said that it will now start the
process of calculating how much property tax DMRC owes them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown