Commercial units in Metro stations must pay property tax: MCD
New Delhi: The MCD Friday said that
commercial establishments within the premises of Metro
stations will have to pay property tax to it.
The civic body`s statement came a day after it
de-sealed a commercial complex housing shops of reputed brands
at the Inderlok Metro Station premises here following a
direction from Lt Governor Tejendra Khanna.
"In compliance of the decision taken in the meeting at
Raj Niwas on Tuesday, MCD de-sealed the commercial areas of
Inderlok Metro Station on Thursday," Leader of the MCD House
Subhash Arya said.
"It was also decided in the meeting that the
commercial establishments within the footprint of the Metro
stations would be liable to pay the property tax. They will
also have to obtain trade licence from the MCD as per MCD
regulations," he said.
Arya said that it was also decided in the meeting that
any construction which is outside the footprint of the Metro
stations, for instance any off site commercial development
away from the Metro Station building will be subject to
development control norms of the civic body and would require
its approval as per building bye-laws.
The civic agency has said that it will now start the
process of calculating how much property tax DMRC owes them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!