Commit no offence during parole: HC warns Manu
New Delhi: Ramp model Jessica Lall`s killer
Manu Sharma, given parole to attend his brother`s marriage
from November 21 to 25, has been specifically warned by the
Delhi High Court against committing any offence during his
period of freedom.
"He (Sharma) shall not commit any offence during the
period of parole," Justice V K Shalli said in his order, the
copy of which was released today.
Justice Shali had granted five-day parole to Sharma, son
of Haryana Congress leader Venod Sharma, on Wednesday to
attend his brother`s marriage ceremonies to be held between
November 21 and 25.
The judge had stipulated that during the period of parole
he would not leave Ambala, Karnal and Chandigarh where the key
marriage ceremonies are to be held.
"He (Sharma) will maintain peace and good behaviour and
comply with the terms and conditions of the parole," the court
The court imposed the stipulations in the light of the
fact that during his earlier release on parole he had been
found visiting discotheques and was involved in a brawl.
Directing Sharma not to visit discotheques and night
clubs during his release, the court asked him to furnish his
itinerary to Tihar Jail superintendent before his release.
Sharma is serving life term for shooting dead Jessica in
a South Delhi restaurant owned by socialite Bina Ramani on
April 29-30, 1999 night for her refusal to serve him a drink
minutes before the restaurant was to be closed for the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?