Commuters could face harrowing time today due to protests, warns Delhi Police
New Delhi: Commuters may face a tough time on Tuesday as Delhi Police issued an advisory saying that it may divert traffic on NH-24 and Mother Teresa Crescent in case of a protest by Shia Muslims over acquisition of a religious land.
The advisory was issued as there is a possibility of some protesters belonging to the Shia sect of Muslim community staging a demonstration at several places against acquisition of Karbala land in Jor Bagh area of city.
"In view of the anticipated protest to be made by some people belonging to a religious group on NH-24 tomorrow, suitable diversions shall be given, depending on the situation and location, to all types of vehicles moving to and fro in both carriageways from Gazipur flyover to UP Border," said Additional Commissioner of Police (Traffic) Anil Shukla.
It is reiterated that depending on the need and situation, suitable diversions shall be given at affected points to avoid inconvenience to the motorists, he said.
"Traffic coming from Outer Ring Road NH-24 `T` Point to Ghazipur will be diverted Right/Left Turn from NH-24 to UP Link Road at Akshardham Setu - go up to UP Gate and enter Noida while traffic coming from Pusta Road - Vikas Marg to Ghazipur will be allowed to go straight up to Noida Gate," the advisory said.
Traffic coming from Mother Dairy Road will be diverted towards Chand Cinema, Hindon canal road - on one way Hindon Canal road and enter UP.
In case of Mother Teresa Crescent, traffic coming on Sardar Patel Marg and going towards RML will be diverted from Panchsheel Marg on Upper Ridge Road and also simultaneously on Panchsheel Marg and Kautilya Marg to take South Avenue Road or Akbar Road to reach their destination while traffic coming from RML will be diverted on Park Street - Shankar Road - Upper Ridge Road to reach their destination, said Shukla.
Traffic of NH-24 will be diverted on Narwana Road -T/L - towards Madhu Vihar then T/R - Hasanpur Depot -- Telco T-point -- Chaudhary Charan Singh Marg and can enter in UP by Vaishali or Raghunath Mandir or Surya Nagar.
As far as Kondli Chowk is concerned, traffic coming from Hilton hotel side will be diverted to Hindon canal road. Hindon canal road will be one way from Kondli road up to UP Border.
NH-24 will be closed at Hasanpur Depot `T` point. Traffic will not be allowed to go towards Ghazipur border from underpass Ghazipur, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'