Commuters face tough time as Delhi Metro services hit
New Delhi: Thousands of commuters were stranded during evening rush hour on Wednesday due to disruption of Delhi Metro services for about an hour on Blue Line, which operates from Dwarka to Noida City Centre/Vaishali terminals.
"Due to snapping of a strand of Over Head Electrification (OHE) wire near Indraprastha station entry in Dwarka direction, train services were available in two loops on Line 3: Dwarka to Barakhamba and Yamuna Bank to Noida/Vaishali to carry out the urgent repair work of OHE," a DMRC official spokesperson said.
The fault had developed on the Blue Line which operates from Dwarka to Noida City Centre/Vaishali terminals. The breakdown caused overcrowding of stations.
Many commuters who had to take autos complained that the auto drivers over charged.
"I had to reach Noida but I was stranded at the Barakhamba Metro station. I decided to take an auto but it was difficult to find. I finally got one but it charged me three times the normal fare," said Akshita Mittal, a private employee.
Also See: Technical glitch affect Delhi Metro services
No services were available between Yamuna Bank and Barakhamba from 6:40 pm to 7:35 pm. Normal services were restored for entire Line 3 afterward.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy