Complete Games-related works before monsoon: Govt to NDMC
New Delhi: Delhi Government on Tuesday
directed civic agency NDMC to complete all construction works
related to the Commonwealth Games in the city before the onset
The direction was given by Finance Minister A K Walia
after he inspected various projects being implemented by the
civic agency. NDMC chairperson Parimal Rai accompanied him
during the inspection.
"Walia directed NDMC to concentrate on Horticulture
work after completing the construction activities," said an
The minister also inspected the on-going work relating
to re-development of Connaught Place. Officials said facade
restoration has already been completed in C-block and 75 to 80
per cent work has been completed in 11 other blocks.
"Walia instructed the NDMC to concentrate on
re-development of Connaught Place as large number of tourists
would visit the area during the Games," the official said.
Officials informed the minister that 75 per cent of
street-scapping work in NDMC roads has been already completed.
The `pavement improvement project` in NDMC roads is also
NDMC officials told Walia that the agency was
constructing Foot-Over-Bridges at several areas as part of its
efforts to upgrade road infrastructure.
Officials said keeping in view the requirement of
parking for vehicles during the Games, the NDMC has chalked
out a plan to make available Park and Ride service from
A parking area for 3,000 cars, 6,000 two-wheelers and
450 buses has been identified at the airport.
Walia also visited the renovated Talkatora Stadium
where boxing competition will take place. He was also briefed
about progress of work in the Shivaji Stadium which will be
the training venue for Hockey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi