Complete Games-related works before monsoon: Govt to NDMC
New Delhi: Delhi Government on Tuesday
directed civic agency NDMC to complete all construction works
related to the Commonwealth Games in the city before the onset
The direction was given by Finance Minister A K Walia
after he inspected various projects being implemented by the
civic agency. NDMC chairperson Parimal Rai accompanied him
during the inspection.
"Walia directed NDMC to concentrate on Horticulture
work after completing the construction activities," said an
The minister also inspected the on-going work relating
to re-development of Connaught Place. Officials said facade
restoration has already been completed in C-block and 75 to 80
per cent work has been completed in 11 other blocks.
"Walia instructed the NDMC to concentrate on
re-development of Connaught Place as large number of tourists
would visit the area during the Games," the official said.
Officials informed the minister that 75 per cent of
street-scapping work in NDMC roads has been already completed.
The `pavement improvement project` in NDMC roads is also
NDMC officials told Walia that the agency was
constructing Foot-Over-Bridges at several areas as part of its
efforts to upgrade road infrastructure.
Officials said keeping in view the requirement of
parking for vehicles during the Games, the NDMC has chalked
out a plan to make available Park and Ride service from
A parking area for 3,000 cars, 6,000 two-wheelers and
450 buses has been identified at the airport.
Walia also visited the renovated Talkatora Stadium
where boxing competition will take place. He was also briefed
about progress of work in the Shivaji Stadium which will be
the training venue for Hockey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'