Concern in RS over plight of para-military force
New Delhi: Concerns were expressed in the
Rajya Sabha on the plight of jawans of para-military forces
facing stressful working conditions, with members demanding
that the Government initiate steps to improve their poor
Raising the matter during Zero Hour, SS Ahluwalia (BJP)
said as many as 46,000 jawans of para-military forces had
sought voluntary retirement in the last five years due to poor
"The main reason for jawans from para-military forces like
CRPF, BSF, ITBP, CISF, Assam Rifles and Sashastra Seema Bal is
that they are working under stressful working conditions and
do not get time to de-stress themselves, their service
conditions are poor...there is no job satisfaction," he said.
Of the total 45,981 jawans seeking premature retirement,
BSF topped with 22,260, followed by CRPF 11,300, Assam Rifles
5,600, CISF 3,600, ITBP 1,600 and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
1,400, he said.
Ahluwalia said that even as jawans were were seeking VRS,
suicides were also on the rise among jawans as they were not
getting leave and time for de-stressing themselves and
demanded that something must be done to improve their working
It takes 18 to 20 years for a constable to become a head
constables and 15-20 years for an assistant commandant to be
promoted to the next level," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'