Conclude inquiry against cops at the earliest: Court
New Delhi: A court here has directed the DCP (Special Cell) of Delhi Police to conclude at the earliest an inquiry into allegations levelled against his subordinates by an undertrial in a fake passport and visa racket case.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vidya Prakash passed the order after DCP Sanjeev Yadav sought more time to inquire into allegations levelled by Harshad Alam, who was arrested by the Special Cell, along with other members of his family, for running a racket of providing fake passports and visas in Delhi, Haryana and Punjab.
Harshad had alleged an Inspector and an Additional DCP of Special Cell had conspired with his accomplice Umesh Gambhir and facilitated the escape of co-accused Honey Sharma.
The court was told in a written request that an inquiry into the allegations have been initiated and some more time is required to conclude the same.
The court had earlier directed the Joint Commissioner of Police, Special Cell, to enquire the matter either himself or through some responsible officer not below the rank of DCP.
In pursuance of that order, the DCP informed the court that he has made necessary inquiry from Alam and he shall conduct detailed inquiry into the allegations levelled against the police officials.
"Considering the submissions made by the DCP, his request is allowed. He is directed to conclude the inquiry at the earliest...," the court said in its order on April 18.
Honey, her husband Vipin Sharma, brothers Harshad and Aman Alam, along with Sachin Sharma, Gambhir and Bhupender Singh, all in their 30s, are accused of cheating, forgery and criminal conspiracy under the IPC and the Passport Act.
They are also accused of running an international racket of human trafficking and immigration racket.
Honey Sharma was recently granted interim bail by the Delhi High Court in another related matter and was directed to surrender herself before the jail authority by order dated March 1. She, however, is absconding as of now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden