Condition of Raj Bala still critical
New Delhi: The condition of 51-year old Raj Bala, who suffered spinal injuries during the police action here against fasting yoga guru Baba Ramdev and his supporters earlier this month is unchanged after two weeks of treatment, hospital officials said.
"The patient`s condition is same as before and is under intensive care. Her own respiration being inadequate, she continues to be on ventilator support and her condition is very critical," N Shashi Gururaja, medial superintendent of the GB Pant Hospital, said in a statement.
Raj Bala, a resident of Gurgaon, had undergone surgery June 5 for cervical spinal injuries.
The doctors also said that the neurological status of Raj Bala remains unchanged and she is a quadriplegic (paralysis caused by illness or injury).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan