Condition of Raj Bala still critical
New Delhi: The condition of 51-year old Raj Bala, who suffered spinal injuries during the police action here against fasting yoga guru Baba Ramdev and his supporters earlier this month is unchanged after two weeks of treatment, hospital officials said.
"The patient`s condition is same as before and is under intensive care. Her own respiration being inadequate, she continues to be on ventilator support and her condition is very critical," N Shashi Gururaja, medial superintendent of the GB Pant Hospital, said in a statement.
Raj Bala, a resident of Gurgaon, had undergone surgery June 5 for cervical spinal injuries.
The doctors also said that the neurological status of Raj Bala remains unchanged and she is a quadriplegic (paralysis caused by illness or injury).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town