Condition of Raj Bala still critical
New Delhi: The condition of 51-year old Raj Bala, who suffered spinal injuries during the police action here against fasting yoga guru Baba Ramdev and his supporters earlier this month is unchanged after two weeks of treatment, hospital officials said.
"The patient`s condition is same as before and is under intensive care. Her own respiration being inadequate, she continues to be on ventilator support and her condition is very critical," N Shashi Gururaja, medial superintendent of the GB Pant Hospital, said in a statement.
Raj Bala, a resident of Gurgaon, had undergone surgery June 5 for cervical spinal injuries.
The doctors also said that the neurological status of Raj Bala remains unchanged and she is a quadriplegic (paralysis caused by illness or injury).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!