Confusion haunts parents over nursery admissions
New Delhi: It seems controversies and nursery admissions in the capital have a never-ending relationship.
Like every season, this year too has begun with chaos and confusion with several schools starting the admission process ahead of schedule due to absence of any notification from the Directorate of Education (DoE).
However, some schools have stopped the admissions after stern warning from the Delhi government.
Education Minister Arvinder Singh Lovely on Thursday warned private schools not to start the process for nursery admissions before issuance of relevant guidelines and said punitive action will be taken against the violators.
This has led to confusion among many parents, who are in a mad race to get their wards` admission into one of the reputed schools in the city. They are not sure whether they should go ahead with their child`s admission or wait till the DoE comes out with fresh guidelines.
"I have bought forms for my daughter`s admission from three top schools. A school in Pitampura even asked me to pay Rs 90,000 to reserve a seat for my child," said a disgruntled parent without wishing not to be named.
"But after Delhi Education Minister`s statement that no school should commence the admission process before the DoE notice, the schools have instructed us to contact after
December 15," she said.
The government was drafting comprehensive guidelines for admissions into nursery classes incorporating provisions of the RTE (Right To Compulsory and Free Education Act) and all the schools have to comply with it, Lovely had said.
Sumit Vohra, who runs admissionsnursery.com -- a website
which deals with nursery admissions-related information, said parents seeking admission for their children have reported that at least a dozen schools have started selling admission forms and some even asked parents to deposit the fees in part or full to ensure seats for their kids.
"It`s like a catch-22 situation for parents. If you pay the admission fees to a school today, and after a month you get a seat for child in a better school, there are much chances that you won`t get back your money," Vohra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’