Cong accuses RSS of anti-national activities
New Delhi: Congress on Saturday accused RSS of
"anti-national" activities after the name of one of its senior
functionary figured in the chargesheet against five accused in
the 2007 Ajmer blast, saying such incidents undermine the
country`s moral position vis a vis the fight against terror.
"Today you have conclusive evidence in form of
documented chargesheet which prima facie proves the
involvement of RSS into alleged acts of terror....when you
have such bigotry on display at least marginally if not
substantially it does undermine India`s moral position vis a
vis fighting terror that the country has occupied for last 30
"To that extent the involvement of RSS and its
affiliates into such activities is definitely
anti-national," party spokesperson Manish Tewari told
Asked about Rahul Gandhi equating the RSS and SIMI
recently, Tewari said, "it`s a choreographed dance because one
kind of fundamentalism feeds on the other. Birds of the same
feather flock together."
Tewari alleged that the RSS has been consistently
working to undermine and upset the pluralistic ethos of India
and disturb communal amity and added that "the latest
chargesheet is just a manifestation of its direction right
from the beginning".
His reaction came in response to questions regarding
the name of senior RSS leader Indresh Kumar figuring in the
chargesheet filed by the Rajasthan ATS into the case.
Kumar, the RSS leader, was present at a secret meeting
held in a Gujarati guest house in Jaipur on October 31, 2005,
in which six other functionaries of the outfit were also
present, the 806-page chargesheet filed before a court in
Ajmer yesterday said.
ATS sources said Indresh has not been made an accused
in the case as further investigation is underway to ascertain
whether he had any links with the blast.
The Congress spokesperson said that there was a
pattern in the names of leaders for "fringe organisations of
RSS like Abhinav Bharat" first figuring into terror acts and
then the names of RSS leaders coming to fore in such acts.
"It is a manifestation of their bigoted world view.
Right from their inception up till now, they have not done
anything constructive rather than assaulting the pluralistic
ethos of India. It`s high time they introspected about their
core ideology and the violence and sectarianism its spawns,"
He also refused to attach any significance to the RSS
denying Kumar`s involvement as well as Kumar dubbing it a
"Saying such statements will not help the
organisation. The trial will unfold to what extent the
involvement of RSS is refutal into it," Tewari said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi