Cong delegation meets PM, Sonia over Narmada projects
New Delhi: A delegation of Congress MPs from
Gujarat today met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA
chairperson Sonia Gandhi with demands for speeding up
infrastructure development related to river Narmada.
The delegation also met Environment Minister Jairam
Ramesh seeking his intervention to speed up clearances for the
projects at Kevadia under which piers, bridges and gates of
the dam are to be constructed.
"We urged the prime minister and the UPA chairperson that
clearances to the project should be granted soon as the work
could be completed before the onset of monsoon," Gujarat
Leader of Opposition Shaktisinh Govil said here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown