Cong to deepen connect with intellectuals, professionals: Vyas
New Delhi: In a bid to deepen the connect with intellectuals and professionals, Union Minister Kapil Sibal will hold an interaction here on Wednesday as part of Congress` exercise ahead of the Lok Sabha polls.
Through the exercise at the party headquarters, the `Vichar Vibhagh` of Congress headed by Girija Vyas will embark on an elaborate nationwide programme to connect with lawyers, doctors, professors and intellectuals at the state and the district levels in the coming months.
The attempt will be to equip the intellectuals and professionals having a pro-Congress outlook regarding the achievements of the Congress governments in various states and also provide them material to attack the Opposition governments in some states on the basis of facts and figures.
The focus will be greater for now on the nine election-going states including Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Rajasthan, sources said.
The meeting at AICC, the second of its kind, will be a step ahead of a major conference by the Vibagh in March-April during the recess period in Parliament`s Budget Session, Vyas said.
The participants will be provided with literature carrying a brief overview of the development work carried out by both UPA I and UPA II in the last nine years.
The meeting is being attended by state heads of the Vichar Vibagh, who will be asked to ensure that all the districts in the their respective states have a convener in place before the general elections, Vyas said.
"They will be asked to carry out a similar exercise at the state level and distribute the literature among their district units," she said.
Vyas said that she plans to hold similar meetings in southern and eastern parts of the country.
"Lawyers, professional and civil society members have a key role in our society. Many a time they feel they have been sidelined....Their alienation should not happen.
"The meeting will reflect that intellectuals are with Congresss. Tomorrow`s is the initial meeting in which programmes for future will be discussed. We will send them back with agenda for their future programmes," she said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case