Cong wants CBI probe into hoardings congratulating new Mayor
New Delhi: Opposition Congress on Friday alleged
that some advertising agencies "in tacit understanding" with
new Delhi Mayor Rajni Abbi have put up "too many" hoardings
across the city congratulating her on getting the top post.
The Mayor, however, said the hoardings have been installed
by party leaders and others without informing her and all
unauthorised ones will be brought down.
Leader of the Opposition in MCD Jai Kishan Sharma demanded
a CBI inquiry into the issue. "The agencies have put up the
hoardings and banners also on commercial sites and official
buildings. Did she make payment to them? This may have
resulted in loss of revenue to MCD," he said.
"Abbi as a member of the Standing Committee had time and
again raised the issue of alleged understanding between MCD
officials and advertising agencies leading to loss of revenue.
It is astonishing why these agencies despite knowing Abbi`s
attitude towards them have suddenly become so kind to her."
The Mayor said the allegations of understanding are
baseless. "And if any advertising agency has put up any banner
congratulating me thinking that it will change my stand, such
a thing will never happen."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city