Cong wants CBI probe into hoardings congratulating new Mayor
New Delhi: Opposition Congress on Friday alleged
that some advertising agencies "in tacit understanding" with
new Delhi Mayor Rajni Abbi have put up "too many" hoardings
across the city congratulating her on getting the top post.
The Mayor, however, said the hoardings have been installed
by party leaders and others without informing her and all
unauthorised ones will be brought down.
Leader of the Opposition in MCD Jai Kishan Sharma demanded
a CBI inquiry into the issue. "The agencies have put up the
hoardings and banners also on commercial sites and official
buildings. Did she make payment to them? This may have
resulted in loss of revenue to MCD," he said.
"Abbi as a member of the Standing Committee had time and
again raised the issue of alleged understanding between MCD
officials and advertising agencies leading to loss of revenue.
It is astonishing why these agencies despite knowing Abbi`s
attitude towards them have suddenly become so kind to her."
The Mayor said the allegations of understanding are
baseless. "And if any advertising agency has put up any banner
congratulating me thinking that it will change my stand, such
a thing will never happen."
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Photo alert! Imran Khan and wife Avantika Malik party with Ranbir Kapoor
- Ban on diesel cars: Supreme Court to hear industry petition today
- CTET May 8 exam: CBSE releases admit cards, eligible list for Haryana candidates
- Arvind Kejriwal lauds PM Narendra Modi's Cabinet Minister Suresh Prabhu – Know why
- OMG: Akshay Kumar's bodyguard punches a fan – Details inside