Cong wants CBI probe into hoardings congratulating new Mayor
New Delhi: Opposition Congress on Friday alleged
that some advertising agencies "in tacit understanding" with
new Delhi Mayor Rajni Abbi have put up "too many" hoardings
across the city congratulating her on getting the top post.
The Mayor, however, said the hoardings have been installed
by party leaders and others without informing her and all
unauthorised ones will be brought down.
Leader of the Opposition in MCD Jai Kishan Sharma demanded
a CBI inquiry into the issue. "The agencies have put up the
hoardings and banners also on commercial sites and official
buildings. Did she make payment to them? This may have
resulted in loss of revenue to MCD," he said.
"Abbi as a member of the Standing Committee had time and
again raised the issue of alleged understanding between MCD
officials and advertising agencies leading to loss of revenue.
It is astonishing why these agencies despite knowing Abbi`s
attitude towards them have suddenly become so kind to her."
The Mayor said the allegations of understanding are
baseless. "And if any advertising agency has put up any banner
congratulating me thinking that it will change my stand, such
a thing will never happen."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mumbai Film City shoot-out: CCTV footage help police arrest assailants
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi