Cong wants CBI probe into hoardings congratulating new Mayor
New Delhi: Opposition Congress on Friday alleged
that some advertising agencies "in tacit understanding" with
new Delhi Mayor Rajni Abbi have put up "too many" hoardings
across the city congratulating her on getting the top post.
The Mayor, however, said the hoardings have been installed
by party leaders and others without informing her and all
unauthorised ones will be brought down.
Leader of the Opposition in MCD Jai Kishan Sharma demanded
a CBI inquiry into the issue. "The agencies have put up the
hoardings and banners also on commercial sites and official
buildings. Did she make payment to them? This may have
resulted in loss of revenue to MCD," he said.
"Abbi as a member of the Standing Committee had time and
again raised the issue of alleged understanding between MCD
officials and advertising agencies leading to loss of revenue.
It is astonishing why these agencies despite knowing Abbi`s
attitude towards them have suddenly become so kind to her."
The Mayor said the allegations of understanding are
baseless. "And if any advertising agency has put up any banner
congratulating me thinking that it will change my stand, such
a thing will never happen."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez