Cong warns Asaram Bapu for remarks against Sonia
New Delhi: Congress on Friday issued a veiled
warning to religious leader Asaram Bapu that it would hit
back if he persisted with alleged remarks against party
President Sonia Gandhi.
"We condemn his statement. He should not say such
things or else we will be forced to hit back," party General
Secretary Digvijay Singh told reporters here.
At the AICC briefing, party spokesperson Abhishek
Singhvi said that it does not behove religious leaders to
speak on issues outside their purview. "Making irresponsible
statements is condemnable," he said.
Bapu, speaking at a religious function at Raipur a few
days ago, made objectionable comments against the Congress-led
UPA government at the Centre and Gandhi, in the presence of
Chief Minister Raman Singh.
Congress leaders from Chhattisgarh have already warned
that Bapu`s alleged remark saying Gandhi should be asked to
leave India, will not be tolerated by the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi