Cong warns Asaram Bapu for remarks against Sonia
New Delhi: Congress on Friday issued a veiled
warning to religious leader Asaram Bapu that it would hit
back if he persisted with alleged remarks against party
President Sonia Gandhi.
"We condemn his statement. He should not say such
things or else we will be forced to hit back," party General
Secretary Digvijay Singh told reporters here.
At the AICC briefing, party spokesperson Abhishek
Singhvi said that it does not behove religious leaders to
speak on issues outside their purview. "Making irresponsible
statements is condemnable," he said.
Bapu, speaking at a religious function at Raipur a few
days ago, made objectionable comments against the Congress-led
UPA government at the Centre and Gandhi, in the presence of
Chief Minister Raman Singh.
Congress leaders from Chhattisgarh have already warned
that Bapu`s alleged remark saying Gandhi should be asked to
leave India, will not be tolerated by the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible