Congolese woman alleges gang-rape by salesmen in South Delhi
New Delhi: A 20-year-old Congolese woman has alleged that she was gang-raped by two salesmen at her rented accommodation in South Delhi`s Malviya Nagar area on Friday, police said.
According to her complaint with police, the incident took place around 12:30 PM when two persons selling cloths knocked at her door at Hauz Rani of Malviya Nagar.
"She allowed the salesmen inside her room so that she can choose cloths. They suddenly overpowered her and then took turns to rape her," said a senior police officer, quoting the complaint.
The police have recorded the woman`s statement and she was sent for medical examination. Police, however, said that they were trying to verify her claims as she was changing her statements.
"We have gone through the footage of a CCTV camera installed at the entrance of the building where the woman lives, but no cloth vendors could be seen on the footage since morning to late afternoon," the officer said.
Investigators are waiting for her medical report to be able to determine the gravity of her allegations. They have also questioned her neighbours who have revealed that earlier she had been threatening her landlord to trap him in false rape case.
Police said the woman had come to Delhi around eight months ago and was doing some computer-related courses. Further investigations are underway, the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY