Congress, AAP hit out at Gadkari over `deal` remarks
New Delhi: The Congress and Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) today hit out at BJP leader Nitin Gadkari for alleging that a deal was brokered between the two parties by a reputed industrialist to stop BJP from coming to power in Delhi.
Congress general secretary in-charge of Delhi, Shakeel Ahmed said the BJP was frustrated because its hopes of coming to power in the state were shattered. Describing Gadkari`s statement "irresponsible" and a "complete lie", Ahmed said the BJP leader should first produce evidence before levelling such unfounded allegations.
"Gadkari and his party are experts in carrying out such deals and not the Congress," Ahmed said. He further said that people also recall the circumstances under which Gadkari was removed from the post of BJP president.
"Before making allegations of any deal against others, he (Gadkari) should first explain what was the deal due to which he was removed as BJP`s President," Ahmed said.
Meanwhile, AAP leader and now a Cabinet minister of the newly-formed Delhi government Manish Sisodia too demanded that Gadkari should produce evidence to substantiate his claims.
"Even if it does not have any evidence, at least the name should be revealed. He (Gadkari) should tell us which hotel was the deal brokered in, the details of the people involved, the politicians involved. Even we`ll ask which AAP party leader has brought in money through the deal," Sisodia said.
BJP, however, remained silent on the issue, apparently not supporting Gadkari`s remarks in the absence of any substantial evidence backing the claims.
Gadkari, soon after Kejriwal was sworn-in as the seventh chief minister of Delhi yesterday, alleged that an industrialist brokered a deal between the AAP and the Congress in Delhi`s posh hotel to stop BJP from coming to power in Delhi.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video
- Kerala Assembly Elections 2016: VS Achuthanandan’s one line speech stuns CPM workers
- Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha says he would be happy to promote Bihar as its brand ambassador
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards
- Telangana SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5