Congress alleges irregularities in MCD parking tender
New Delhi: The opposition Congress in MCD
on Thursday approached Delhi Lieutenant Governor Tejendra Khanna,
alleging irregularities in the tender procedure of awarding of
some parking contracts by the corporation.
Leader of Opposition in MCD Jai Kishan Sharma in a letter
written to the L-G demanded that tender process be cancelled
because a number of contractors who had applied for the
contracts for parking sites at various areas in the city
"complained that their tenders which they had deposited were
Sharma said the issue of irregularities are being raised
in the meetings of the Standing Committee since the last few
meetings. "Yet the officers are not paying any heed to them."
He requested the L-G to direct the Municipal Commissioner
to make the procedure of allotment of parkings more
transparent and introduce e-tendering.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG