Congress alleges irregularities in MCD parking tender
New Delhi: The opposition Congress in MCD
on Thursday approached Delhi Lieutenant Governor Tejendra Khanna,
alleging irregularities in the tender procedure of awarding of
some parking contracts by the corporation.
Leader of Opposition in MCD Jai Kishan Sharma in a letter
written to the L-G demanded that tender process be cancelled
because a number of contractors who had applied for the
contracts for parking sites at various areas in the city
"complained that their tenders which they had deposited were
Sharma said the issue of irregularities are being raised
in the meetings of the Standing Committee since the last few
meetings. "Yet the officers are not paying any heed to them."
He requested the L-G to direct the Municipal Commissioner
to make the procedure of allotment of parkings more
transparent and introduce e-tendering.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today