Congress axes 3 party leaders in Haryana close to Rao Inderjit Singh
New Delhi: Cracking the whip, Congress on Tuesday removed three DCC presidents in Haryana who sided with dissident leader Rao Inderjit Singh who had attacked Robert Vadra for his land deals.
GL Sharma, Banwarilal and Rao Ram Singh, who headed the DCCs of Gurgaon urban, Rewari rural and Mahendragarh, were axed by the party almost a month after they had openly backed Inderjit Singh.
Congress sources said the three have been removed on the charge of anti- party activities as they were indulging in indiscipline.
Vipin Khanna, Hiralal and Surender Yadav have been brought in their place.
Inderjit Singh, the bete noire of Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, has been sulking for quite some time especially after he was removed from the Union Council of Ministers about two years ago.
Singh was in the limelight last month when he demanded a fair probe into the land deals of Robert Vadra, son-in-law of Congress President Sonia Gandhi, on the outskirts of Delhi.
Three other new DCC chiefs have also been appointed--Rajesh Singh for Palwal, Vinod Midha for Kaithal and Chattar Singh Chauhan for Bhiwani rural.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan