Congress calls for judicial probe over AAP charge against BJP
New Delhi: Congress on Friday demanded a judicial inquiry into the allegations by AAP that BJP was trying to "buy its MLAs" even as it claimed that the parties were "two sides of the same coin".
"Congress had already on August 4 revealed that 15 AAP MLAs are in touch with BJP regarding government formation in the national capital. A judicial inquiry must be conducted in the matter and the main person behind the scene should be arrested," DPCC chief spokesperson Mukesh Sharma said here.
"With new allegations, it has now been proved that BJP and AAP are not serious about addressing problems of Delhiites. Both parties are these days just interested in forming the government in Delhi.
"AAP and BJP are two sides of the same coin," Sharma added.
Meanwhile, lashing out at BJP over the issue of e-rickshaws, Sharma said the Centre should immediately provide relief to the lakhs of persons who drive these vehicles.
"BJP is against the operation of e-rickshaws and just doing politics over the matter. Around 2.5 lakh drivers of these vehicles have been unemployed ahead of the festive season due to the saffron party," Sharma alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state