Congress ‘considering’ supporting AAP for govt formation, says Rahul
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: After neither BJP nor Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) is staking claim to form government in Delhi, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Thursday said backing AAP to form the government is under consideration.
AAP presented a spectacular show in Delhi Assembly polls and served the Congress a massive defeat ending Sheila Dikshit’s 15-year rule in the national capital. However, the Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party didn’t get majority to form the government as it trailed the BJP by three seats which bagged 32 seats also falling short of absolute majority.
Rahul, after the polls debacle, vowed to learn from AAP, saying that the party engaged the people from all sections well. “We will learn from them, and we will involve people in a way that no one has ever done before,” Rahul had said.
The Congress was crushed in the Delhi polls and finished at a poor third with their tally coming down from 43 to mere eight seat.
Rahul has asked the MLAs to explain the reasons for their victory and the reasons for the defeat of the party. He will be meeting them in batches after December 22.
After the recent Delhi polls threw up a hung verdict, Lt Governor Najeeb Jung started efforts to break the impasse on formation of government in Delhi.
However, the BJP has refused to form the government in Delhi saying that in view of lack of clear mandate, the party would like to sit in the opposition.
After BJP`s refusal, Jung has turned to AAP and has invited the party for talks on formation of government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog