Congress hits out at Kejriwal on posters issue
New Delhi: Congress on Thursday hit out at Arvind Kejriwal for the posters released by his Aam Aadmi Party blaming the Delhi government for rapes saying these are "new lows" in politics.
"These are new lows. Unfortunately, I cannot stoop to that level. It is reflective of their thinking and he wants to encash on rapes," party spokesperson Renuka Chowdhary told reporters here.
Meanwhile Tehseen Poonawalla, a political commentator with Congress leanings, has filed a petition with Election Commission of India against AAP and its founder Kejriwal.
Certain posters released by AAP which have been displayed on auto rickshaws across the capital have images of Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit with a caption which reads "Iss baar bhi diya beimaano ko vote, toh mahilao ka hota rahega balaatkaar" (if you vote for the corrupt this time, women will continue to be unsafe and rapes will persist).
Strongly objecting to this "publicity gimmick" by Kejriwal, Poonawalla said it was not only a matter of political propriety which Kejriwal has breached but also contradicts in letter and spirit various provisions of representation of People Act and Election Commission guidelines for political parties.
"It constitutes not a mere impropriety but also illegality," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical