Congress, JD(U) councillors among 5 leaders to join Delhi BJP
New Delhi: A day after Election Commission set December 4 as the date for Assembly polls in Delhi, five leaders with different political affiliations joined the state BJP unit on Saturday.
Leaders from Congress, Janata Dal (United), Lok Janshakti Party, BSP, and an independent councillor were those who made the switch to BJP today.
Those who joined the BJP included former Chandni Chowk District Congress Committee president and councillor, Amod Sharma, and Mukundpur ward municipal councillor, Gulab Singh Rathor, of Lok Janshakti Party.
Independent councillor from Tigadi ward, Sarita Garba, and Farid Shah, who contested the municipal elections from Jahangirpuri-2 and was the Delhi state general secretary of the Bahujan Samaj Party, also joined BJP, as did Janata Dal (United) Delhi state general secretary, Kapoor Chand Chhikara.
Delhi BJP president Vijay Goel said, "These leaders` coming into the BJP fold makes it obvious there is a wave in favour of BJP in Delhi. People from all sections of society are joining BJP in order to teach Congress a lesson."
Earlier this week, Bhojpuri singer and actor Manoj Tiwari, too, had joined BJP.
Senior leader Ramvir Singh Bidhuri along with sitting NCP councillors Dharamveer Awana, Timsy Kasana, Phoolkali Narwaal and others have already joined the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!