Congress launches 10-day agitation against power, water crises
New Delhi: Congress on Wednesday launched its 10-day long agitation against the power and water crises in the national Capital, during which they burnt the effigies of Union Power Minister Piyush Goyal and former Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal.
Party workers, led by DPCC chief Arvinder Singh Lovely and chief spokesperson Mukesh Sharma staged demonstrations and dharnas at the Babu Ram School Chowk in Shahdara and Preet Vihar in East Delhi and Sant Nagar Chowk of Rani Bagh in North Delhi.
"From today, party has begun its 10-day people`s agitation against the water and power crises, which have worsened so much that if a water emergency is not declared in Delhi, the situation is bound to go out of control," Lovely said.
He claimed that the manner in which the common men were strongly supporting the agitations of Congress workers under searing heat, it has proved that BJP`s promise of `good days` has only remained a dream.
DPCC chief spokesperson Mukesh Sharma said Congress workers would hold chakka jam from tomorrow.
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3billion India IPO
- China hints at retaliation against US anti-dumping probe
- In home turf in Bihar, Kanhaiya Kumar all praise for Nitish Kumar, Lalu Yadav; slams Modi govt
- Realty firm Godrej Properties buys 49% stake in its arm Happy Highrises
- Paswan mocks possibility of Nitish becoming PM, says post not vacant for 15 years