Congress launches 10-day agitation against power, water crises
New Delhi: Congress on Wednesday launched its 10-day long agitation against the power and water crises in the national Capital, during which they burnt the effigies of Union Power Minister Piyush Goyal and former Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal.
Party workers, led by DPCC chief Arvinder Singh Lovely and chief spokesperson Mukesh Sharma staged demonstrations and dharnas at the Babu Ram School Chowk in Shahdara and Preet Vihar in East Delhi and Sant Nagar Chowk of Rani Bagh in North Delhi.
"From today, party has begun its 10-day people`s agitation against the water and power crises, which have worsened so much that if a water emergency is not declared in Delhi, the situation is bound to go out of control," Lovely said.
He claimed that the manner in which the common men were strongly supporting the agitations of Congress workers under searing heat, it has proved that BJP`s promise of `good days` has only remained a dream.
DPCC chief spokesperson Mukesh Sharma said Congress workers would hold chakka jam from tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it