Congress leader Ajay Maken bereaved
New Delhi: CP Maken, father of Congress General Secretary Ajay Maken, died here Wednesday after being unwell for quite sometime. He was 75.
Elder brother of late MP Lalit Maken, CP Maken is survived by wife and two sons including Ajay.
Hailing from a family of freedom fighters, C P Maken had contested as Congress candidate from Paharganj Assembly constituency in 1974.
Rahul Gandhi, Ahmad Patel, Moti Lal Vora, Oscar Fernandes and a host of other leaders including several ministers from Delhi and Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda paid their last respect to the departed soul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video