Congress leader Ajay Maken bereaved
New Delhi: CP Maken, father of Congress General Secretary Ajay Maken, died here Wednesday after being unwell for quite sometime. He was 75.
Elder brother of late MP Lalit Maken, CP Maken is survived by wife and two sons including Ajay.
Hailing from a family of freedom fighters, C P Maken had contested as Congress candidate from Paharganj Assembly constituency in 1974.
Rahul Gandhi, Ahmad Patel, Moti Lal Vora, Oscar Fernandes and a host of other leaders including several ministers from Delhi and Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda paid their last respect to the departed soul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins