Congress no to demand for SIT probe into Batla House encounter
New Delhi: Congress on Friday dismissed a demand for an SIT probe into the Batla House encounter, a day after a party MLA from Delhi raised the matter.
"The stand of Congress and government on the Batla House encounter remains same for last many years. There is not even an inch of change in it. There is no change like weather," party spokesman Abhishek Singhvi told reporters.
He said two persons had been convicted. Besides, the Delhi High Court had ordered NHRC Chairman to investigate the matter and the NHRC report said the encounter was genuine.
"Then the 30 page-NHRC report was re-examined. The then Home Minister said it was a genuine encounter. Every issue should have a finality somewhere. Therefore, the question of an SIT does not arise."
Congress MLA Asif Muhammad Khan had disrupted Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal`s press conference yesterday and demanded a probe into the Batla House encounter case.
Khan, a legislator from Okhla, said Kejriwal despite promising a special investigating team (SIT) probe into the case was refusing to do so now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read