Congress` potshots at Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: Congress on Tuesday took potshots at Arvind Kejriwal for his statement that he was running the government assuming that his party has just 48 hours, wondering whether Aam Admi Party MLAs are deserting the party.
"I do not know whether some of his partymen are leaving. This information is not with us. BJP cannot ensure the fall of AAP government. They do not have the numbers for this. Congress has announced support for them (AAP)and we have not made any change in that decision.
"We have already decided to give our MLA for protem Speaker as they demanded. So naturally, Congress does not want the government to fall and BJP cannot do it even if it wants. If some MLAs from Kejriwal`s party are deserting it, we have no information. Only Kejriwal will have that information," AICC general secretary in charge for Delhi Shakeel Ahmed said.
Ahead of the trust vote on January 2, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal today said he wants to do maximum good for the people in the next 48 hours whether his government stays or not.
"Not sure of Congress and BJP. We are not bothered whether the government survives or not. We are running the government assuming that we have just 48 hours with us. We want to do the maximum good to the people, if we can in this time," he told reporters.
Congress leader Ahmed ridiculed these remarks of Kejriwal but weclomed the decisions on tariff cut in power and water by AAP government.
"These were the committments that they had made and hence should be fulfilled. Announcements are being made. Let the announcements be implemented and it will be clear in four-six months whether people of Delhi benefit or not. If they bring benefits to people, it should be welcomed," he said.
The Aam Aadmi government today announced a 50 per cent subsidy on power consumption upto 400 units in Delhi. The cut in the electricity tariff came a day after Kejriwal announced supply of 20 kilolitres of water free of cost. Both were key election promises by AAP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert