Congress` potshots at Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: Congress on Tuesday took potshots at Arvind Kejriwal for his statement that he was running the government assuming that his party has just 48 hours, wondering whether Aam Admi Party MLAs are deserting the party.
"I do not know whether some of his partymen are leaving. This information is not with us. BJP cannot ensure the fall of AAP government. They do not have the numbers for this. Congress has announced support for them (AAP)and we have not made any change in that decision.
"We have already decided to give our MLA for protem Speaker as they demanded. So naturally, Congress does not want the government to fall and BJP cannot do it even if it wants. If some MLAs from Kejriwal`s party are deserting it, we have no information. Only Kejriwal will have that information," AICC general secretary in charge for Delhi Shakeel Ahmed said.
Ahead of the trust vote on January 2, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal today said he wants to do maximum good for the people in the next 48 hours whether his government stays or not.
"Not sure of Congress and BJP. We are not bothered whether the government survives or not. We are running the government assuming that we have just 48 hours with us. We want to do the maximum good to the people, if we can in this time," he told reporters.
Congress leader Ahmed ridiculed these remarks of Kejriwal but weclomed the decisions on tariff cut in power and water by AAP government.
"These were the committments that they had made and hence should be fulfilled. Announcements are being made. Let the announcements be implemented and it will be clear in four-six months whether people of Delhi benefit or not. If they bring benefits to people, it should be welcomed," he said.
The Aam Aadmi government today announced a 50 per cent subsidy on power consumption upto 400 units in Delhi. The cut in the electricity tariff came a day after Kejriwal announced supply of 20 kilolitres of water free of cost. Both were key election promises by AAP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption