Congress refutes possibility of forming alliance with AAP in Delhi
New Delhi: Dismissing as "total untruth" the speculation of Congress and AAP coming together to form a government in Delhi again, Congress on Tuesday said that there is "not even an iota of truth" in these talks.
There have been media reports that routed by the BJP in the Lok Sabha elections, the Congress and AAP have intensified back channel negotiations to explore the possibility of government formation in Delhi yet again.
The government led by Arvind Kejriwal with outside support from Congress had fallen in February this year after lasting for 49 days when Congress refused to support the Aam Aadmi Party`s move to bring in a Jan Lokpal Bill.
The speculation about their coming together gained ground immediately after the Lok Sabha elections in which the BJP which swept all seven Lok Sabha seats in Delhi.
Congress spokesperson Singhvi,however, said, "This is total false campaign. We will not support AAP in Delhi. All other things being said are rumour mongering. It`s nothing but spreading falsehood. There is not even an iota of truth about any such alliance. We condemn it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster