Congress refutes possibility of forming alliance with AAP in Delhi
New Delhi: Dismissing as "total untruth" the speculation of Congress and AAP coming together to form a government in Delhi again, Congress on Tuesday said that there is "not even an iota of truth" in these talks.
There have been media reports that routed by the BJP in the Lok Sabha elections, the Congress and AAP have intensified back channel negotiations to explore the possibility of government formation in Delhi yet again.
The government led by Arvind Kejriwal with outside support from Congress had fallen in February this year after lasting for 49 days when Congress refused to support the Aam Aadmi Party`s move to bring in a Jan Lokpal Bill.
The speculation about their coming together gained ground immediately after the Lok Sabha elections in which the BJP which swept all seven Lok Sabha seats in Delhi.
Congress spokesperson Singhvi,however, said, "This is total false campaign. We will not support AAP in Delhi. All other things being said are rumour mongering. It`s nothing but spreading falsehood. There is not even an iota of truth about any such alliance. We condemn it."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan