Congress refutes possibility of forming alliance with AAP in Delhi
New Delhi: Dismissing as "total untruth" the speculation of Congress and AAP coming together to form a government in Delhi again, Congress on Tuesday said that there is "not even an iota of truth" in these talks.
There have been media reports that routed by the BJP in the Lok Sabha elections, the Congress and AAP have intensified back channel negotiations to explore the possibility of government formation in Delhi yet again.
The government led by Arvind Kejriwal with outside support from Congress had fallen in February this year after lasting for 49 days when Congress refused to support the Aam Aadmi Party`s move to bring in a Jan Lokpal Bill.
The speculation about their coming together gained ground immediately after the Lok Sabha elections in which the BJP which swept all seven Lok Sabha seats in Delhi.
Congress spokesperson Singhvi,however, said, "This is total false campaign. We will not support AAP in Delhi. All other things being said are rumour mongering. It`s nothing but spreading falsehood. There is not even an iota of truth about any such alliance. We condemn it."
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- China sends advanced warships to contested south China Sea
- Gautam Khaitan admits to setting up firm through which Agusta bribe money was routed: Sources
- UK bows to pressure, will accept Syrian children from Europe
- US presidential election takes shape; Trump, Clinton look all set for final battle
- This is how Jawahar Lal Nehru reacted when asked about rumours of his second marriage