Congress slams AAP for `misleading` people over VIP culture
New Delhi: The Congress on Tuesday criticised Chief Minister Arvind Kerjriwal for "misleading" people on its stand over VIP culture and said that there was a difference between vision statement and reality.
Targeting Minister for Women and Children Welfare Rakhi Birla over the issue in which a complaint was lodged after the windscreen of her car was hit by a cricket ball, Congress MLA Asif Mohammad Khan said, "While the children were playing on the terrace, the car was hit by cricket ball. Had the police lodged a complaint if Birla was not a minister or a VIP? The boy, who hit the ball, is too scared to even go to school after the incident."
Khan who represents Okhla Assembly constituency said the Lt Governor`s speech did not have anything on infrastructure or inflation.
"There is nothing on monorail, elevated road, ring road or monorail. The speech does not have any mention on inflation," he said.
Another Congress MLA Devendra Yadav said that there was a difference between the vision document and reality.
The government talks about 700 liters of free water. However, in this scheme, the JJ (jhuggi jhopdi) cluster, illegal colonies will be left out," Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Facebook hires top ex-Google executive for internet projects
- Want a better life? Practice these 5 habits – Watch video
- Toyota launches new engine facility in Bengaluru
- Rio-bound boxer Manoj Kumar reaches out to PM Narendra Modi – Here's why
- Subramanian Swamy denies targeting Arun Jaitley, says he looks very smart in a coat