Congress supporting BJP, not AAP: Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Accusing both the Bharatiya Janata Party and the Congress of conniving to disrupt the Delhi Assembly, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Thursday said that the nexus between both the parties stands exposed.
The four-day Assembly session, was called for passage of contentious anti-corruption legislation Jan Lokpal Bill and Swaraj Bills by Arvind Kejriwal-led Delhi Government.
The legislators of the BJP and Congress raised slogans today demanding the removal of Law Minister Somnath Bharti over the issue of midnight raid against African women, forcing the Speaker to adjourn the proceedings twice.
Kejriwal accused that the chairman of Reliance Industries Limited, Mukesh Ambani, played mediator in bringing both the BJP and the Congress together. He further added that Congress does not support the Aam Aadmi Party, but the BJP.
While targeting Leader of Opposition Harshwardhan, Kejriwal pointed out that the former did not mention corruption issues involving Sheila Dikshit and that the Congress did not mention BJP`s communalism.
Meanwhile, the AAP convenor also announced that Janlokpal Bill would be tabled on Friday.
The Law Ministry on Wednesday had clarified that the Delhi government needs prior consent of the Centre before it can table the Bill and both Opposition BJP and Congress insisting on "constitutional provisions only" for their support. Earlier, reports had said that the Delhi government will table the controversial Jan Lokpal Bill in the state Assembly today.
Kejriwal had earlier said that he would go to any extent to get the bill passed in the Assembly. He also threatened from the post of Delhi CM if the bill doesn`t get passed.
On the other hand, Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee chief Arvinder Singh said that his party`s support to AAP was on and it will continue to give it "outside support" till it fulfills its manifesto promises. "As far as Jan Lokpal goes, we are clear that it has to be in keeping with the constitutional provisions," he added. BJP`s Dr Harsh Vardhan too is sticking to the constitutional position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Arshad Warsi all set to don director's hat!
- GST Bill: Arun Jaitley to meet state finance ministers on Tuesday
- 'Madaari' Box Office collections: Irrfan Khan starrer mints Rs 5.75 crores
- Narsingh Yadav cries foul after dope test shock, says truth will come out
- CM Mehbooba Mufti favours abrogation of AFSPA from parts of J&K; says if successful it can be revoked in entirety