Congress takes a dig at BJP over Bihar chief`s resignation
New Delhi: The Congress on Friday took a jibe at the BJP over resignation of its Bihar unit chief C P Thakur, saying the Opposition party`s state president "laid down arms even before the battle has begun" in the poll-bound state.
It also flayed the BJP for blaming it for the political crisis in Karnataka, saying, "it`s a classic case of the pot calling the kettle black".
"What fate the party, whose state (Bihar) chief had laid down arms even before the battle has begun, will meet in the elections is amply clear," Party spokesperson Manish Tewari
said reacting to the Thakur`s resignation.
"Earlier the BJP was fighting with its alliance partner JD-U in the state and now it`s indulged in internal battle," he said. Tewari also attacked the main Opposition party for
blaming Congress for the political crisis in BJP-ruled Karnataka.
"It`s a classic case of pot calling the kettle black. Blaming Congress for destabilising BJP government in Karnataka is rubbish. Fact of the matter is that BJP leaders do not know
how to run a government," Tewari said.
He charged that the Karnataka government was not functioning properly since the very beginning. "They should find out why their MLAs are angry. Nothing except illegal mining is happening in the state."
Tewari also downplayed allegations of corruption in ticket distribution for Bihar assembly seats saying these are being levelled by those who were denied tickets.
He dismissed the criticism by some party leaders from Bihar that "outsiders" were given preference in ticket distribution saying anybody joining Congress from other parties reflects which side the political wind is blowing in Bihar and winnability has to be kept in mind while giving tickets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- CPN (Maoist Centre) chairman Prachanda all set to become new Nepal PM
- Swachh Bharat, Skill India 'transformative' schemes: President Pranab Mukherjee
- Restless Leg Syndrome: Treat the disorder with this amazingly simple trick! - Watch video
- Boris Johnson claims India owes UK multi-million pounds
- Trump's NATO comments show 'lack of preparedness': Obama