Congress to hold dialogue session on Nov 4 in Surajkund
New Delhi: Top Congress leaders, including Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Cabinet ministers and Ministers of State with independent charge will meet in a "dialogue session" in nearby Surajkund on November 9 to discuss the current political and economic situation.
Announcing this, Congress General Secretary Janardhan Dwivedi, said it would be an informal meeting which will discuss economic challenges and manifesto implementation.
He said the meeting, the first of its nature after the recent reshuffle of the union council of ministers, will be informal in nature in which there will be no resolutions passed.
The brain storming session will be held immediately after the public meeting here on November 4 when the current political and economic situation would be touched upon.
The November 4 meeting was originally planned as a counter to the opposition campaign against the government`s decision to allow Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in multi-brand retail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video