Congress will be reduced to Club-75, Amarinder not to be part: BJP
New Delhi: After Capt Amarinder Singh`s "160-member club" jibe at him, BJP leader Arun Jaitley hit back, saying Congress may be reduced to a club of 75 after the elections and the former Punjab Chief Minister "certainly" will not be a part of it.
The Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha and Singh are facing each other in Amritsar Lok Sabha constituency and have been involved in a verbal duel since Congress decided to field the former Punjab Chief Minister against Jaitley.
"The Captain has a foot in mouth problem. The Captain is a disgruntled member of the Congress... Concern yourself at your own depleting fortunes. The Congress may be reduced to a club of 75 in the next Lok Sabha. You certainly will not be a part of that Club-75," Jaitley wrote on his blog.
Singh had accused Jaitley of secretly nursing the ambition of becoming the Prime Minister, claiming that he was working to keep BJP within the tally of 160 seats to queer the pitch for prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
Taking a jibe, Jaitley said Singh is concerned about people in BJP being anti-Narendra Modi. "Thank you, Captain sahib for your concern for Modi," he said, asking him to keep his concerns for his party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'