Congress workers clash with police at Jantar Mantar
New Delhi: Amid protest against rising inflation, Congress Party workers clashed with the police in the Jantar Mantar area of New Delhi on Monday.
The protest was held on the first day of the Budget Session of Parliament.
Petrol and diesel prices have recently been hiked by Rs.1.69 and Rs. 0.50 per litre respectively by the Narendra Modi led BJP Government at the Centre, while onion prices have continued to see a surge upwards.
To add to that, the Centre came in for a scathing attack from the opposition over hiking railway fares, but had to partially roll back later on.
Earlier today, Congress leader, Mallikarjun Kharge had said that the party will raise the issue of price rise, inflation during the budget session, which started today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui