Congress workers clash with police at Jantar Mantar
New Delhi: Amid protest against rising inflation, Congress Party workers clashed with the police in the Jantar Mantar area of New Delhi on Monday.
The protest was held on the first day of the Budget Session of Parliament.
Petrol and diesel prices have recently been hiked by Rs.1.69 and Rs. 0.50 per litre respectively by the Narendra Modi led BJP Government at the Centre, while onion prices have continued to see a surge upwards.
To add to that, the Centre came in for a scathing attack from the opposition over hiking railway fares, but had to partially roll back later on.
Earlier today, Congress leader, Mallikarjun Kharge had said that the party will raise the issue of price rise, inflation during the budget session, which started today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP