Congress workers clash with police at Jantar Mantar
New Delhi: Amid protest against rising inflation, Congress Party workers clashed with the police in the Jantar Mantar area of New Delhi on Monday.
The protest was held on the first day of the Budget Session of Parliament.
Petrol and diesel prices have recently been hiked by Rs.1.69 and Rs. 0.50 per litre respectively by the Narendra Modi led BJP Government at the Centre, while onion prices have continued to see a surge upwards.
To add to that, the Centre came in for a scathing attack from the opposition over hiking railway fares, but had to partially roll back later on.
Earlier today, Congress leader, Mallikarjun Kharge had said that the party will raise the issue of price rise, inflation during the budget session, which started today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender