Congress workers clash with police at Jantar Mantar
New Delhi: Amid protest against rising inflation, Congress Party workers clashed with the police in the Jantar Mantar area of New Delhi on Monday.
The protest was held on the first day of the Budget Session of Parliament.
Petrol and diesel prices have recently been hiked by Rs.1.69 and Rs. 0.50 per litre respectively by the Narendra Modi led BJP Government at the Centre, while onion prices have continued to see a surge upwards.
To add to that, the Centre came in for a scathing attack from the opposition over hiking railway fares, but had to partially roll back later on.
Earlier today, Congress leader, Mallikarjun Kharge had said that the party will raise the issue of price rise, inflation during the budget session, which started today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will step down if chair becomes impediment in father's vision for J&K: Mehbooba Mufti
- Nuke programme made Pakistan's defence impregnable: Nawaz Sharif
- Indian Army now confirms Hizbul Mujahideen militant Tariq Pandit held
- Kepler 62f: An exoplanet 1200 light years away may be habitable!
- UEFA Champions League final: Five classic Real Madrid-Atletico Madrid derbies